Saturday, February 6, 2016

Hats

i'm not sure if you realize the amount of emotion i hold behind my composure.
i'm not sure if you realize that to me hats,  hats are more than caps we wear on our heads.
i'm not sure if you know my best friend is dead, and i'm not sure if i want you too.

you see i cant just call him anymore. 
i cant go and knock on his door and expect him to be behind it when it opens.
there is nothing tangible left in our relationship.
nothing to hold,
nothing besides a hat, a hat given to me by the one person who loved him more than me
his mother, a mother willing to give up everything to make sure that her sons last years were more than worth living.
a mother strong enough to look past every disabled piece of gods creation and see him for what he was,
a boy
a boy with a hat
with a purpose
with a smile
oh he had one hell of a smile
a boy with enough heart to make up for his eyes that couldn't see
or his legs that couldn't walk
a boy who turned my life from a living hell into a life where in which i didn't have to give a hell
a boy who changed everything

Love You
                Ben Nevis

P.S   share your damn hats.


9 comments:

  1. a boy with enough heart to make up for his eyes that couldn't see"

    SO good

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my favorite "Hats" post I've read. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm not sure if you know my best friend is dead, and i'm not sure if i want you too.
    This got to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a beautiful take on an odd topic. Thank you for your writing. I liked this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah this is real, such a great post

    ReplyDelete
  6. "a boy with a hat"
    #stolen

    so simple

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to wear hats every single day. figuratively and literally.

    love the line
    "a boy with a hat
    with a purpose
    with a smile"
    Killer

    ReplyDelete